A few weeks ago, something happened to me.
I was hiking with my mom and as we were heading back to the car, this wave of sadness hit me.
I don’t know why, but I started to feel like I didn’t belong.
I felt like DC wasn’t my home and that I didn’t have a place at AU.
I almost felt…alone.
I know that everything I was thinking was untrue, but for some reason I felt like I had nothing to offer…to anyone.
But literally one minute later, my mom and I turned the corner and right in front of me there sat a rock that read, “YOU BELONG”.
I will probably never be able to explain that. EVER.
But, I truly do believe that it was the Universe talking to me.
I know, I know, a lot of you probably think that it was just some coincidence but, come on….it’s just a little too beautiful to be anything near that of a coincidence.
I don’t believe in the pictured God that we all know so very well.
In fact, I don’t believe in a higher entity that takes a human form.
I believe in humans and I believe in the energy and spirit of the Universe.
And I honestly think that the universe was sending me a message…it was sending ALL of us a message.
We all belong and we have so much beauty and light and goodness to offer.
And we should never, ever, ever forget that.
- dortheauo90 likes this
- fuckyeahhiking likes this
- savourerchaquemoment likes this
- patrick-the-h-is-optional-stump reblogged this from elizabethreszke
- patrick-the-h-is-optional-stump likes this
- elizabethreszke reblogged this from sarahforgot
- fk-inthecoffee likes this
- sugar--pink likes this
- sarahforgot reblogged this from carmenelida
- wrathofmedusa reblogged this from aholycuriosity
- aholycuriosity reblogged this from carmenelida
- prosaicwonder likes this
- carmenelida posted this